We have been following with a number of developments in the national and regional programmes related to harmonization of Urban GHG Monitoring and Assessment. As those efforts are getting mature it is proposed to make a consolidated effort toward the development of an international standard in this area under IG3IS urban objective.
The online workshop will take place on the week of 22-26 June (agenda to be developed), addressing the following themes:
- Existing scientific methodologies for urban GHG monitoring and flux estimation and emerging “stand-alone” solutions/services – review, selection and roadmap to harmonization and standardization
- Design/Components of an integrated urban tiered GHG monitoring and flux estimation framework
- Road map for interaction with stakeholder community to develop a good practices implementation road map and proliferation of IG3IS principles.
With the expected outputs:
- Input for a review paper on urban GHG monitoring techniques
- First draft of good standards information on individual services
- Road map to developing more general good practices and their proliferation
This site will be frequently updated with more details about the online workshop.